Sunday, July 1, 2012

God Keeps Me Working


 Back in 1986, Ronald Reagan signed the law to give amnesty to millions of undocumented people existed in the United States. During those years, lots of wars were going on in Central America, Eastern Europe and many other places in the world. Americans back then felt the responsibility to fight communism and, in a way, they felt like the saviors of the world. Therefore, they approved the amnesty for millions. Unfortunately, I did not qualify for the amnesty because it was for people who had come to the U. S. up to 1981. But the law had a measure that was bothering all of the ones who did not have documentation in the U. S. It penalized employers who did not check employee’s status.

However, I kept working and it did not matter that for me it was a “crime” to work. I wonder, if feeding the hungry and healing the sick will be a crime also. Anyway, I remember one time God almighty put me in the way of a good Jew who was the owner of a store in Houston. He gave me a job. Of course he did not know I was illegal. However, one year later the government started harassing employers, so my employer started asking for documentation. That day I prayed and left my problem to the Lord. Then I went to see my boss to tell him the truth. I told him that I was undocumented and that I did not want to cause trouble to him or his company, so I will quit I said. He said, “You do not need to quit and because you are honest. Because of your honesty I will give you a raise.” I left that office jumping, giving thanks to the Lord who had protected me and had given me a job and an increase.

With this event God demonstrated me He not only could keep me working, He could give me increases. That day, in that store, God almighty showed Himself, saving me from becoming jobless. He kept me working and gave me increase.

Throughout the years, my Lord has always taken care of me. He can and wants to take care of you too. If He gave an undocumented immigrant a job, an education, economic increases, health, etc., he can also do it for you. Just accept Him. He wants to be your protector, your healer, your increaser, your shield. You will be better off. I’m not talking about religion. Having a job, education, etc. are tangible things unlike a religion. Tangible things do not come from religions. Tangible things come from the one who created it all. Give your heart to Him today.

No comments:

Post a Comment